Itinerary for 10 nights: Lucerne, Wengen, Zermatt

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 December 2019 at 19:19:12 #824646

Hi there ,

I and my hubby are planning our 2nd anniversary trip fr Swiss ..itinerary goes as 2 nights luzern 2-3nights Wengen/Interlaken 3 nights zermatt ,still figuring wer to go post zermatt For 1night(open time suggestions) .. we will be taking glacier express and getting off at chur and last night we stay at Zurich …any suggestions if our itinerary makes good sense ? Is Wengen feasible to stay on feb ?

• Anna
    6407 posts
    13 December 2019 at 6:14:50 #926365

Hi dr akshada k,

Welcome to MySwissAlps!

Your itinerary certainly looks doable. Wengen is a lovely place to stay in February but if you prefer more choices in terms of shops and eating out, I would suggest staying in Interlaken.

Do check out these links as you finalise your trip:

If you are considering getting a railpass for your trip, I recommend reading the Guide to Choosing a Railpass here: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass

Based on your itinerary, I think the Swiss Travel Pass would be the best fit: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass

You should also download the SBB timetable app to your smart device for ease of travelling: http://www.myswissalps.com/timetable

Hope that helps!

Best regards,

Anna

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 December 2019 at 8:24:17 #926366

Hi Anna,

tysm for all the content ..it’s really helpful and now I can assertively go ahead with the plan . We were keen on staying in Wengen only like u suggested aswell , only the weather in feb seemed a bit too cold (goes upto -5degree Celsius ) so weren’t sure .But I guess with proper layering won’t be a problem.Thanks again 🙂

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    27 December 2019 at 7:38:14 #926367

Hi Dak,

ish u will 💚 CH.

Y it is cold in feb in BO but prob > -5º.

N’joy!

☃️

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    30 December 2019 at 1:33:40 #926368

Hi Snowman.

Thanks for illustrating so vividly why the Forum rules request no ” text talk.”

<<“Avoid “text talk”. Please write “are you” instead of “r u”, for example;”>>

Sorry that the doctor did not read the rules before posting

http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/rules

Perhaps the moderators can work to make it even more clear why text talk is a bad idea.

Slowpoke- BSc., MS., Ph.D.

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    30 December 2019 at 10:29:20 #926369

Desr Slowpoke,

Well, sometimes I get irritated and try what is for me a humorous reply. Without knowing if at the other end someone will really laugh or be offended.

As I understand it, the moderators’ policy is « Yes, we have the rules that should make everyone comfortable, but we also know that most participants won’t read them. That said, we are here primarily to help would-be travellers. »

I think that makes sense. I am member of pther forums, and I must say I never bother to read their rules.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    30 December 2019 at 15:11:30 #926370

Hi Snowman –

<<“As I understand it, the moderators’ policy is « Yes, we have the rules

that should make everyone comfortable, but we also know that most

participants won’t read them. That said, we are here primarily to help

would-be travellers. »”>>

I certainly agree with the objective.

Perhaps the “Rules” would seem less demanding or intrusive if the were called “Guidelines.”

Nonetheless, as you know, there are a lot of tourist facilities in Switzerland whose availability and suitability for use vary with the seasons and altitude.

We can help much more effectively if we have travel dates.

Slowpoke

Snowman
    Participant
    825 posts
    30 December 2019 at 15:36:28 #926371

She said feb. I assume she meant February.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    30 December 2019 at 16:02:49 #926372

Sorry.

I missed it. Could be that “feb” means February.

Dates would still be useful, but not much changes throughout February.

Thanks,

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 December 2019 at 19:24:12 #926373

Hello Dr akshada k,

Glad to know you have decided and are keen on staying in Wengen as per Anna’s suggestion.

Yes, with adequate layering, you will be fine. I have attached a useful link about the various weather conditions in Switzerland for your reference:

Happy planning!

Best regards,

Suzanne

• The thread ‘Itinerary for 10 nights: Lucerne, Wengen, Zermatt’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11170 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.